For concrete, asphalt, sub grade, roadbed, or shoulder run off
Our RockMesh® is a reinforcement textile from multifilament strands of basalt fiber woven It is a biaxial mesh.
RockMesh® exceeds the performance of steel wire, fiberglass, and polypropylene
RockMesh® also referred to as Scrim or Geo Grid reinforcement, all the same.
RockMesh® is a “glass-state” structural reinforcement similar to fiberglass technologies but having better properties than that of fiberglass and significantly less expensive than carbon fiber.
RockMesh® is an excellent reinforcement in areas subject to freeze thaw stress.
• Will not rust or corrode – Steel reinforcement corrosion inside concrete results in a swelling pressure and bursting stresses that cause cracking & spalling
• RockMesh® is stronger than steel wire and only 1/3 the weight
• Very low stretch, less than 2.5% = reduction of size & number of cracks.
• Non-Magnetic and cannot or induce electric fields
• Does not conduct electricity
• Natural Product / Environmentally Friendly
• Corrosion Proof / Weatherproof
• Chemical resistant
• Alkali resistant
• Thermal stability
• Flexible – easily to handle and contour angles or curves
• Safer to handle, no cuts and scratches from steel
Available in: 5x5mm, 10x10mm, 25x25mm 38mm x 38mm and 50x50mm RockMesh® is dried to less than 1% moisture then coated with flexible alkali resistant PVC or somewhat stiff Acrylic, applied @ (10% by wt.)